The Solar Decathlon 2015 Competition
For the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon, collegiate teams spend almost two years designing and building energy-efficient houses powered by the sun. In the final competition, the teams and their houses go head to head in 10 contests to determine an overall winner.
The winning team produces a house that:
- Is affordable, attractive, and easy to live in
- Maintains comfortable and healthy indoor environmental conditions
- Supplies energy for cooking, cleaning, entertainment, and commuting
- Provides adequate hot water
- Produces as much or more energy than it consumes.
Learn more about Solar Decathlon 2015: