How To Apply for the Solar Decathlon
Is your school interested in participating in the next U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon? Find out what you need to know to apply below.
Solar Decathlon 2013 Collegiate Teams
The request for proposals (RFP) and RFP amendments for Solar Decathlon 2013 collegiate teams are available below. The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs.
- Solar Decathlon 2013 Request for Proposals
- Attachment D: School Participation and Release Agreement
- Attachment E: Appendix A: Statement of Work
- Attachment F: Index to Subcontract Schedule
- Attachment G: Appendix B: General Terms and Conditions for Solar Decathlon (Special)
- Attachment H: Proposal Checklist
- Attachment I: Appendix C: Intellectual Property Provisions for Solar Decathlon
- Amendment 1
- Amendment 2
- Amendment 3
Please note the following important dates for the Solar Decathlon 2013 teams RFP:
- Issue date: July 22, 2011
- Due date: Nov. 10, 2011
- Notification date: Jan. 25, 2012.
Colleges, universities, and other post-secondary educational institutions worldwide were invited to submit proposals. All proposals were reviewed, scored, and ranked.
Institutions considering the submission of a proposal for future competitions are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Solar Decathlon rules. Please note that rule changes are typical from one competition to the next. In addition, core team members from prospective schools are encouraged to attend some or all of the 2013 competition to observe the teams in action and learn valuable lessons that can be applied to their own projects.
Please submit questions regarding the RFP process to Becky Dohrn.