Dates and Hours
The Solar Decathlon village and competition houses are open to the public, free of charge on nine days over two long weekends:
- Thursday, Oct. 5–Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 9, 2017: CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER
- Thursday, Oct. 12–Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
During the remaining dates and times, the Solar Decathlon village is closed to the public for competition activities.
Solar Decathlon 2017 features several activities in addition to the competition, including:
- Tours of the Solar Decathlon houses and village
- Solar Decathlon education events, including workshops for consumers and professionals, and Education Days for middle schools
- The Sustainability Expo at Solar Decathlon.
You can learn more about these activities in the Things to Do section of the Solar Decathlon website. If you are looking for information about hotels, restaurants, and other accommodations and amenities in Denver, the Visit Denver website provides an excellent source of information.
As much as we love our canine friends and family, and are big supporters of the Barkitecture Dog House Competition, please be aware that only service dogs are permitted in the Solar Decathlon village.