Solar Decathlon Students Present Innovative Design Ideas at International Builders’ ShowThursday, January 13, 2011
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy helped kick off the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, Florida, with an educational session titled “The New Class of Affordable Solar Housing.” Led by Solar Decathlon Director Richard King and featuring students from five Solar Decathlon 2011 teams, the session raised awareness among building industry professionals about energy efficiency and solar energy.
The presenters were:
- Manny Dorticos, Chrissy Perez, and Deana Sritalapat (Florida International University)
- Nick Albizati and Christopher Steffens (Parsons The New School for Design and Stevens Institute of Technology)
- Eric Holt (Purdue University)
- Tobias Danielmeier (New Zealand: Victoria University of Wellington)
- Mark Taylor (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign).
The student teams each presented their Solar Decathlon house concept, discussed their design process, and answered audience questions.