2023 Build Challenge Teams
The 15 Finalist Teams in the 2023 Build Challenge represent 18 collegiate institutions spanning 3 countries.
Finalist Collegiate Institutions Competing in the 2023 Build Challenge
- Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
- The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
- University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
- Woodbury University, Burbank, California.
Finalist Collegiate Teams Exhibiting in 2024*
- Arapahoe Community College, Littleton, Colorado & Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado
- The Pennsylvania State University, Harrisburg, Middletown, Pennsylvania
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California & University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
*Due to unforeseen permitting delays, supply shortages, etc., some finalist teams will not be competing in spring 2023 and will instead be exhibiting their zero energy homes in spring 2024.
The graphics below track each team's progress toward completion of their Solar Decathlon house. This graphic is not an indication of competition status or winners as the Solar Decathlon is judged across 10 contests. Winners will be announced in April 2023.