Solar Decathlon Announces Revised 2015 Team LineupWednesday, March 12, 2014
By Solar Decathlon
U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon Director Richard King today announced that two teams selected to compete in Solar Decathlon 2015 have decided not to move forward in the competition.
Officials from Oregon Institute of Technology and Portland State University said in a letter to competition officials that Team Oregon made the difficult decision not to compete in 2015 in order to use its experience to strengthen the foundation for a future team.
Similarly, Team Michigan (Lansing Community College, Kendall College of Art and Design, and Ferris State University) decided not to participate.
“We wish the students from these teams well and hope they continue to pursue careers in clean energy fields,” said King. “The Solar Decathlon has established a worldwide reputation as a successful workforce development opportunity for thousands of students. Every aspect of participation—from applying for acceptance to designing energy-efficient, solar-powered houses to competing onsite at the Orange County Great Park—offers collegiate students a meaningful educational experience.”
King added that he’s excited about the 18 teams that are progressing in the competition and looks forward to seeing how each will rise to the challenge.
The updated Solar Decathlon 2015 team lineup is:
- California Polytechnic State University
- California State University, Sacramento
- Clemson University
- Crowder College and Drury University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- New York City College of Technology
- Stanford University
- State University of New York at Alfred College of Technology and Alfred University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- University of Florida, National University of Singapore, and Santa Fe College
- The University of Texas at Austin and Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine; Saddleback College; Chapman University; and Irvine Valley College
- Vanderbilt University and Middle Tennessee State University
- West Virginia University and University of Roma Tor Vergata
- Western New England University, Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá, and Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana
- Yale University.
Tags: Solar Decathlon, Solar Decathlon 2015, Teams