Solar Decathlon Organizers Adjust 2015 Competition LineupTuesday, September 30, 2014
By Amy Vaughn
U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon Director Richard King today announced that Stanford University has withdrawn from the Solar Decathlon 2015 competition.
In Stanford University’s notification letter, the school administration said: “The team and the university remain enthusiastically committed to the program’s goals. Faculty and students will continue to take part in a wide array of research, teaching, and outreach activities to advance alternative energy technologies and systems.”
Stanford University previously competed in Solar Decathlon 2013, where it placed fifth overall with its Start.Home entry.
“Stanford was a strong competitor in our last competition,” said King. “While we’re disappointed we won’t see its students compete in 2015, we know the school and students will continue our tradition of educating others about the opportunities presented by renewable energy and energy efficiency.”
The updated Solar Decathlon 2015 team lineup includes:
- California Polytechnic State University
- California State University, Sacramento
- Clemson University
- Crowder College and Drury University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- New York City College of Technology
- State University of New York at Alfred College of Technology and Alfred University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- University of Florida, National University of Singapore, and Santa Fe College
- The University of Texas at Austin and Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine; Saddleback College; Chapman University; and Irvine Valley College
- Vanderbilt University and Middle Tennessee State University
- West Virginia University and University of Roma Tor Vergata
- Western New England University, Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá, and Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana
- Yale University.
Amy Vaughn is a member of the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon communications team.
Tags: Solar Decathlon, Solar Decathlon 2015, Stanford, Teams