Register for BTO’s Webinars on Life-Cycle Impacts of BuildingsMonday, October 5, 2020
This fall, DOE’s Building Technologies Office will host a series of webinars that explore the frameworks and techniques researchers use to evaluate the energy use of buildings over their entire lifespans, from construction to operation to eventual destruction. The Life-Cycle Energy & Related Impacts of Buildings Webinar Series will give the public, national lab researchers, academics, and all members of the buildings industry a special opportunity to hear from leading experts who work at the cutting-edge of lifecycle analysis.
The series will begin with an overview of life-cycle assessments as applied to buildings, and why we should care about them. Subsequent webinars will focus on the ways these impacts are measured, as well as what innovative materials and products are currently under development. The series will then explore how the buildings industry already uses life-cycle assessments, as well as how the circular economy framework can be applied to the buildings sector. Register for the following webinars today!
- Overview of life cycle impacts of buildings | October 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET | Register Now!
This webinar will provide an overview of the present work on life cycle assessment in buildings and why it matters, including both global and US perspectives.
- Challenges of assessing life cycle impacts of buildings | October 29, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET | Register Now!
This webinar will discuss the importance of data and measuring life cycle impacts of buildings, as well as what analytical tools are available today, their merits and limitations, and who uses them.
- Innovative building materials | November 12, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET | Register Now!
This webinar will examine innovative building materials (both structural and non-structural) from a variety of perspectives and stages of development.
- “Real Life” buildings striving to minimize life cycle impacts | December 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET | Register Now!
This webinar will discuss how the building sector is already incorporating life-cycle impacts of buildings internationally and domestically in commercial building portfolios.
- Intersection of life cycle impacts & circular economy potential for the building sector | December 17, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET | Register Now!
This webinar will discuss the current impacts of construction and demolition waste and present means of addressing this challenge, such as recovering materials from waste and designing building materials for recovery and reuse.