Exclusive Solar Decathlon Webinar, Industrialized ConstructionMonday, November 7, 2022
Solar Decathlon has long been synonymous with digestible building science education. Now, the competition is launching a new initiative—SD Studio—to feature one cutting-edge building topic in depth each academic year. This year’s topic is industrialized construction!
SD Studio Webinar: Industrialized Construction
Date: November 11, 2022, 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m. EST
What is industrialized construction?
- Very simply, it is industry best practices from manufacturing applied to traditional building construction.
- Industrialized construction techniques can allow companies to quickly produce affordable, energy-efficient buildings for a variety of uses.
Who can attend this webinar?
- This webinar is geared towards students and faculty, but anyone interested in industrialized construction is welcome.
- Sara Ann Logan, VP of Design and Engineering, Volumetric Building Companies
- Shanti Pless, Senior Engineer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Joseph Lewis, Assistant Professor, Oregon State University
- Brice Leconte, Founder, iUNIT
Wondering where to start with industrialized construction?
- Solar Decathlon organizers have created a webpage with expert information on industrialized construction.
We hope to see you virtually on November 11! Please email SolarDecathlon@nrel.gov with any questions.