Communications Contest (100 points)
From team websites to signage and public tours, the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2015 Communications Contest challenged teams to educate others about their houses, their experiences, and their projects.
A jury of communications professionals awarded points for team communications efforts, including the quality, creativity, delivery, and innovation of their outreach documentation, on-site tours, and educational strategies.
The Communications Jury evaluated:
- Communications strategy
- Was the communications strategy comprehensive, consistent, and integrated?
- Were the educational and outreach messages effective?
- Electronic communications
- How well did the team communicate its messages to online audiences?
- Was the team website logical, consistent, and enjoyable?
- Was social media used effectively?
- Public exhibit materials
- Did the signage and handout presented to visitors communicate the team's messages?
- Were the public exhibit materials creative, original, and informative ?
- Public exhibit presentation
- Was the house tour informative, interesting, and engaging?
- Audiovisual presentation
- Was the audiovisual presentation interesting and informative?
- How well did the presentation showcase the completed house?