The Solar Decathlon 2015 Competition
For the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2015, collegiate teams spent almost two years designing and building energy-efficient houses powered by the sun. In the final competition, the teams and their houses went head to head in 10 contests to determine an overall winner.
The winning team produced a house that:
- Was affordable, attractive, and easy to live in
- Maintained comfortable and healthy indoor environmental conditions
- Supplied energy for cooking, cleaning, entertainment, and commuting
- Provided adequate hot water
- Produced as much or more energy than it consumed.
Learn more about Solar Decathlon 2015: